I'm doing okay!
- Twice featured in Art Business News. With gallery owner Terry Lindsey at Equidae Gallery in Saratoga Springs, NY in January. I was then highlighted as an "emerging artist" in the November issue which attracted multiple opportunities from differing sources. The most attractive is a licensing deal with a couple of large, respected companies - contracts pending...
- I applied for and was accepted into the 2008 Developmental Workshop in St. Petersburg.
- Participated in a group equine art exhibit at Gallery Central in Hot Springs, Arkansas. My artwork was featured on the cover of Springs Magazine, a local hip/happening monthly. Gallery also used my artwork for advertising in the Springs Magazine.
- Participated in my first museum exhibits, the first at the Museum of Florida Art in Deland. The second was a group exhibit with several of my Out of Hand Artists salon members at the Elliot Museum in Stuart, Florida.
- Speaking of Out of Hand Artists, my salon is stronger than ever and entering it's third year! Most members have benefited from the mutual support and encouragement. Some have demonstrated exciting leaps in their professional careers. Like attracts like.
- Lisa Wilson wrote a great article about my artwork in the Hot Springs Travel Host Magazine.
- Recipient of a Florida Division of Cultural Affairs Artist Enhancement Grant.
- Began exhibiting with the Alec P. and Louis H. Courtelis Equine Teaching Hospital at the University of Florida in Gainesville.
- Exhibited at Great Art and Frame in Tampa at their group equine art show to benefit Bakas Equestrian Center.
- Exhibited at Equidae Gallery in Saratoga Springs, New York.
- I finally installed my nine-canvas project "Diagonal" in the Florida Thoroughbred Charities Equine Art Exhibit 2008. It hung 15' up the wall and was a show stopper at the opening reception. Featured on the front page (and center) of the Star Banner's Sunday Arts & Travel section.
- My biggest coup and most exciting accomplishment was acquiring an audience with NYRA's (New York Racing Association) marketing department at Saratoga. With Michael's help and persistance, I was able to present an impressive promotional package. The powers that be have expressed a genuine interest in my participation as a backstretch vendor at the next meet. There has even been mention of of a long sleeve t-shirt designed by moi.
"The spirited horse, which will try to win the race of its own accord, will run even faster if encouraged." - Ovid