Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Meow

In Siamese, it's more like mrrrrrrrrrooowwww.

Here's the dude, finally immortalized in paint. I showed him the canvas and he was downright rude. Yeah, whatever, chop up some chicken liver woman...now!

Siamese cat"Chow" 8"x10" oil on canvas

He may be a harsh judge of my artwork, but a more loyal and loving companion doesn't exist, though he'll never admit to it. See that expression? That's how he tolerates my rants, stupid ideas, depression, fears, insomnia and my general tendency to be clueless in all things important.

"There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person." - Dan Greenberg

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At last a legacy to carry on Paul Newmans' eyes. Love that half closed lid and his expression.

He's stunning, he's sassed to the max and you've given him real permanence.

I'm assuming this painting is for you to keep.

Sharon Crute said...

Bonnie: Oh yes, this one's mine.

He's older and more dignified now, but when I think back to his youth, he was a handful of cat. Most of his carefully planned antics were aimed at Michael. Hysterical.