Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Goals and Accomplishments

At the end of this month, I'll make a list of this year's accomplishments. This is an extremely effective exercise to bolster confidence and affirm forward directives. Especially since I'm one of the most impatient artists in the world and desire everything NOW. This produces unnecessary angst for myself. The accomplishments list verifies that I'm doing okay and making steady headway in my goals. If you're interested: What I Did 2006.

Just today I discussed one of my goals that eludes me with a very sharp and prominent businessman. He pointed out that it sounded like a politically motivated decision not so much in my control realm. Dang, that's head-bangingly frustrating. More on that one later...

So, I thought in the next couple of weeks I'd review my Goal list for 2007. It's interesting to note that some of them are loftier and more difficult to attain that I perceived, while some aren't as important to me as they were a year ago. The interesting twists and turns, detours and distractions on life's path.

"One should not pursue goals that are easily achieved. One must develop an instinct for what one can just barely achieve through one's greatest efforts". -Albert Einstein

No comments: