Thursday, August 27, 2015

Day 24 - Forty Paintings in Forty Days

This scene is similar to the first one that I painted of Pletcher's wash rack. The light was different this morning - not really overcast, but a gauzy curtain of light that produced defined highlights like hotspots. Sunburn weather. This is my last panel and the rest will be on stretched canvas. When I regain the luxury of time, I'd like to revisit this spot to exploit those hotspots that I'll recall from this plein air piece. Put in more horses, too. It's behind George Weaver's barn close to Elmer's gap.

Note the sagging roof showing it's age on the middle building. One of the backstretch guys visited and told me that the door on the left side was to his room.

Behind Weaver's Barn, 8"x10", oil on panel
 We have to open at 7:00 tomorrow morning. Michael is planning on being in the booth all day and I'll get to head over to Oklahoma nice and early. Not sure if I'll make it over to watch the big horses train but that's okay (notice the priority shift). I've had the honor to be in the company of many good horses throughout my prior life...and yes, they are different and extraordinarily special.

Did you visit with Funny Cide today?
Sharon

No comments: