Saturday, August 15, 2015

Day 16 & 17 - Forty Paintings in Forty Days

Day 16

The stuff that I'm drawn to paint is becoming apparent. Within these acres of antique barns exists not just a treasure trove of infinite subject but also roads, paths and walkways that lead to something. Take a stroll between the two Gary Sciacca barns, along past the shed on the left to the barn in the background. I enjoy taking you on a tour into my paintings.

Full morning light makes this piece rather high key. I want a do-over when this scene is backlit with darker values later in the afternoon. Maybe towards the end of this project.

Sciacca's Barns, 8"x10", oil on panel
Day 17 

Way in the very back of the barn area is a large mowed field that sharply slopes down to a road. Vans and trailers are parked way in the back and the manure is piled high before being hauled away. In my stubborn quest to get a handle on painting trees I set up by the dorms looking out across the field. A couple of horses were being hacked up and down the steep hill and enjoying themselves immensely. I painted a high-headed, high-stepping horse right smack into the middle of the composition. So much for rules.
Back Field, 11"x14", oil on canvas panel
At the start of my painting, I got some help.


Fields of dreams,
Sharon

No comments: