Wednesday, August 05, 2015

Day 10 - Forty Paintings in Forty Days

I'm still a day behind and I may be more so after this busy weekend coming up. My new title could morph into Forty Paintings in Fifty Days (or more).

I tried out the new schedule of going to the booth with Michael around 9:00 and getting over to Oklahoma before 10:00. I loved it. First did a bit of searching for what to paint next (although I have a good plan so I'm not wasting time wandering needlessly) and then where to park the darn car. I like being somewhat close to my vehicle.

I'll probably alternate between sunrise and mid-day. I'm learning to establish value notes of  the shadows and then commit to them so I'm not being a light-chaser. This piece was mostly in full-sun and it was wonderful to not have to rush.
Stewart Barn, 11"x14", oil on panel (sold)
This is barn 38, Dallas Stewart's barn in Campfire Court.

I had a good day,
Sharon

No comments: