Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Walking Ring


This is one of the paintings that's hanging in the conference room at Farm Credit of North Florida. It was on the cover of the Ocala Breeders Sales Fall Mixed Sale in 2001. I'm surprised that it never sold or was purchased by the powers that be at OBS. It's a light-filled painting with sunshine filtering through the oaks onto the back of the chestnut horse in the foreground. So, I pulled it out of the rack and it looks lovely on their wall.

Don Dean of FCNF writes and produces their quarterly magazine and visited the studio to interview me last week. We had an intriguing conversation which I considered most thought-provoking. He was especially interested in my current multi-canvas project and asked very relevant questions about it. These viable questions challenged my ability to explain my processes and intentions which turned out to be an invaluable exercise for me. Thank you Don!

No comments: