Thursday, September 28, 2006

Real Art

Getting back to the "real" art. I have an intention to pull this equine genre into the mainstream. I know I have the inventiveness, drive and vision. I'm embarking on a very big multi-canvas piece which takes up the entire studio. I love to work at home but may have to acquiesce to a larger work space soon. (Michael covets my space anyway) I just can't step back from it. The canvases loom overhead like aliens peering down and closing in. I'm so jazzed. As much as I'm grateful for my non-stop commission work, I'd love some time to sink my teeth into this project. It's been in my head for a couple of years. Oh yeah.

I absolutely adore and am drawn to ambitious, creative, inventive doer's. (might be the mirroring principle) Kudos to Ben Baugh for a beautiful article he wrote about my trip to Aiken, SC in the Aiken Standard. His writing style is powerful, flowing and brilliant. You are the bomb, Ben. It's going to be interesting to see where this stop takes off for him...and hey, you read it here first...

Speaking of ambition, my better half informed me today that he desires to start getting back on horses. He's about 50 lbs. from where he left off. Eat up your din din Howie. This endeavor begins tomorrow. Story and pictures at 11. (a.m. that is)

No comments: