Friday, March 28, 2008

Museum Exhibits and More

Yesterday we headed down to Deland early to deliver my paintings to the Museum of Florida Art for their Equus IV exhibit next month. The opening reception is Friday, April 10th from 5-7pm if you happen to be in the area. I thought the museum was part of Stetson University but no, just very close neighbors. Anywho, the museum has expanded and updated and looks terrific.

We also loaded the canoe in the van and on the way home put in at DeLeon Springs. Odd place, very shallow water, only saw one small gator in the water. However, there was a huge and healthy population of birds.

ponce deleon springsOsprey with fresh catch.

canoeingCoots were in abundance such as these flying/paddling away from our approach.

Michael says I must get back in the studio Monday. The time away has provided an opportunity to be introspective of my current affairs, heal my body and fall in love with my garden. It's okay to have goals and desires, but not to the extent of my over-the-top obsessiveness. Being this driven has proven to be unhealthy - it's stolen the joy of painting and the joy of living. Many sleepless nights have paid the price of my ambition. Because there are no accidents, I happened to pick up a copy of Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth" after hearing Oprah touting it. Illuminating, thought-provoking and life-changing. If you're restless and uneasy as I have been, I highly recommend it.



2 comments:

Linda Blondheim said...

Enjoyed the blog this week Sharon,
Love,
Linda

www.lindablondheimartnotes.blogspot.com

Sharon Crute said...

Your too Linda. I've tried out some of your recipes. The lemon bars - yum!