Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Reception at Fayette Gallery

Road trips. Gotta luv 'em. You'd think I'd be used to them by now and well, I am, it's just that it takes me longer to recover from the grind.

Fayette GalleryMy reception at Fayette Gallery in Lexington, Kentucky last Friday night was lovely. Owners Jenny and Ron went over the top with publicity and the party itself.

equine artI'm pointing out details in my original "Off the Rail" which depicts morning training at Monmouth Park. Everyone has a different guess as to which race track it is. I was sure to impress that Monmouth is hosting the Breeders' Cup races but there were not bites - yet.

thoroughbred racingMichael is engaged in an intense discussion concerning drugs in horse racing to a local NPR journalist.

horse rescueMoi and Karyn Pirrello of High Adventure Farm in Georgetown, Kentucky. I met Karyn at the Little Everglades Steeplechase in Dade City, Florida a couple of years ago. She purchased one of my little gold leaf paintings. We had a great time getting caught up and she told me about all the horses she's rescued. Bless her.

art galleryMoi, Ron and Jenny in front of my painting "Blue Blinkers".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some good pictures there of horse racing. I miss going to the races. My first introduction to Horse Racing was when I went to the races with some friends from work. After that I was introduced to online horse racing betting. After this I've never looked back.

Sharon Crute said...

Overall, I'm rather thankful that I don't have an account with TVG. Way too easy and I'm way too gullible.