Met with my genius partner on the book last night, Dale Jarusik. She served us a killer dinner and the conversation was lively. We didn't really discuss the project until today (the wine flowed) and mutually decided not to rush this baby. We've been at it a couple of years and realistically with my work load, it's catch as catch can. Not that it's low on the priority list - I was aiming for publication by Christmas ordering season. Not happening. Got to keep the immediate paying projects rolling along first.
We're meeting Friday and we're going to allow an organic growth of sorts. I do intend to begin composing together, and I know the book will take on a life of it's own. I see us realizing what's necessary, what changes to incorporate and further requirements as we work out the tech stuff.
Dale's relieved with this decision and I'm relieved with this decision.