Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Shout Out

On page 19 of this month's "The Florida Horse" magazine is a short piece about the art exhibit that Michael and I are helping to organize. It'll be racing themed paintings and sculpture although some farm scenes are included (as long as they're thoroughbreds). They ran a photo of me standing in front of my big commission piece - the same one that I'm using on the bio of my website. I overlooked including the photo credit for which I truly apologize. It's a great photo by Cindy Mikell who graciously came to my studio and agreed to an artist's exchange for her talent.

We asked our friend Ben Baugh to write the article which will be in next month's issue of "The Florida Horse". He produced an exceptional piece as usual and we're so thankful for his generosity and talent. We've managed to get some top equine artists to participate including Erica Nordean who is the 2006 Kentucky Oaks poster artist, and we're thrilled to get Booth Malone who is the 2006 Breeders' Cup poster artist. It's going to be a strong exhibit.

Michael and I have spent the last five days printing giclees, stretching and shipping. As I mentioned in a previous post, this season the print business is booming for us. Orders are coming in daily and we're working like mad to fill them in a timely manner.

No comments: