Friday, May 28, 2010

Fair Hill Races

Finally! We're back on the road.

All my years spent as a race tracker created a gypsy alter ego. Although I no longer wear skull bandanas around my head, I still savor the freedom of the open road, even if only for a short time. Some of my greatest inspiration manifests from the sense of place I experience as the landscape whizzes by.

Tomorrow (Sat. May 29th) I'll be participating as an exhibitor at the Fair Hill Races in Fair Hill, Maryland. If you're attending, be sure to stop by my booth so I can show off my artwork to you. First time to the steeplechase? Tradition, history and philanthropy permeate the milieu as well as excitement, fun events and lots of parties.

Fair Hill also offers pari-mutual wagering. Did that get your attention?

fair hill racesPhotos by Maggie Furbay & Walt Mateja.

steeplechaseEach handicap is like a hurdle in a steeplechase, and when you ride up to it, if you throw your heart over, the horse will go along, too. - Lawrence Bixby

No comments: