Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I Want to Go to Ireland

Yes I do. What wonderful, engaging people the Irish are. And they love to party and they love horse racing. What more could I ask for?

Newbridge IrelandMoi presenting my painting of "Curlin" to Mayor Mick Deely of Newbridge, Ireland.

In my biased opinion, I think the Irish are the best horsemen and women. Observing their fine skills while working amongst them in my California days, these people really love their horses. You can read more about our Ocala - Newbridge Twinning Ceremony here and view more photos here.

After the ceremony, it was on to a perfect day of racing at the OBS Day of Champions Presented by Darley. Weather was outstanding and the crowd was huge. Photo ops abound as I hang out at the 6 1/2f pole on the outside fence and get shots like this:

OBS Day of Champions Presented by DarleyPulling up after the big race, how often do fourteen horses stay together in one frame? Looks like a painting to me...

The day ended with an incredible party hosted by Darley at Golden Ocala. First class all the way.

"Poverty, I realized, wasn't only a lack of financial resources; it was isolation from the kind of people that could help you make more of yourself." - Keith Ferrazzi

No comments: