- Tomorrow, Thursday Feb. 12th, I'll be exhibiting at the H.I.T.S. Gala Equine Art Exhibit at the swanky Golden Ocala Golf & Equestrian Club. It's an exclusive one-night affair. For some reason, I'm nervous.
- Early to rise to see the Under Tack show at OBS on Friday morning. I have some creative ideas for another multi-canvas project and will be photographing the two-year-olds breezing (and trying not to spook them while pointing my camera from the bushes).
- Received an invitation to a barbecue at the Hilton Ocala on Saturday evening. Ocala is twinning with Newbridge, Ireland and this event welcomes the Irish contingent. I thought our official sister city was San Rossore, Italy, but maybe we can have more than one. Or maybe twinning is something different.
- Sunday is free as I didn't receive my invitation to the big Darley party at Golden Ocala. I'm sure it was an oversight and I should be receiving an apologetic phone call any minute.
- Monday AM: Official Twinning Signing Ceremony also at the Hilton. I'm donating my original oil of "Curlin" as a gift from the City of Ocala. This would probably be a good time to research "twinning" vs. "sister city".
- Monday PM: "OBS Day of Champions presented by Darley". A great day of racing from Florida-bred graduates of OBS. No pari-mutual wagering, but it's stake races with decent purses and a chance to see and be seen. You can, however, wager inside the facility on any other race tracks.
- Tuesday is the Selected Sale of Two Year Olds in Training at OBS. Horse sales are boring (unless you're buying or selling) and difficult to network. I'll go early and then head back to the studio unless a stupendous opportunity occurs.
No more pastorals for awhile. I'm getting the evil eye from my landscape artist friends. Just kidding! The dynamic calls...
"One of the worst things that can happen in life is to win a bet on a horse at an early age." - Danny McGoorty, Irish Pool Player