Saturday, August 30, 2008

Curlin Groupie

I'm posting this from the Spa - here to pick up the artwork that didn't sell and collect checks for what did.

I guess I've become somewhat of a Curlin groupie. Those eyes and expression amaze me. The Wood was no walkover as Eoin Harty made him work for it.

Curlin Woodward MemorialAnother amazement was the light crowd. After all, this is one of best horses on the planet. Discussion with locals and others concurred that the season was off on attendance and handle. Geesh, this is Saratoga, people. But then, these are strange times for most.
Saratoga race trackI'm also here to deliver a business proposal to NYRA but I won't spill the beans on that tidbit until later.
thoroughbreds
This is an impressive crowd: the Have's and Have-more's. Some people call you the elites. I call you my base. - George W. Bush

No comments: