Friday, February 01, 2008

Foxhunting Painting Update

Nope, I didn't work in the studio today. It stunk of Frogjuice and I had more aggravating amphibians to attend to. I spent the day preparing for the Professional Development Workshop in St. Pete tomorrow. They requested a package/portfolio to be viewed by an organization not set up to view digital media...

The new painting is coming along however:

foxhuntingI've established the contrasts, values and general color scheme. I love the way the shadows meander on a slight diagonal across the picture plane. I infused them with lots of cool blues and violets to be painted over, still allowing the blue-violet to peek through and add some vibrant color to the shadows. I love this composition of the forward hounds jogging up to the viewer, right off the picture's edge.

art studioThe artist late on a Friday afternoon in the studio.

art photographyBored husband/partner/agent hanging out in studio on a Friday afternoon embarking on a venture into "art" photography creating his own composition...Lynn, save us!


3 comments:

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Nancy Moskovitz said...

Beautiful so already with those rich shadow colors. Love the composition. You make it look easy.

Anonymous said...

WOW kudos on the artwork very nice.
I also go to this site to learn more about horse racing betting I hope you can take a look at it and please dont take me for a spammer your artwork is truly beatiful

Horse Racing Betting