Saturday, January 27, 2007

This Week in Review

I feel like I'm neglecting the blog posts, especially since I committed to updating often and candidly. This has been a very busy week, however. I've been focused on producing a couple of new mural comps for my client via a new concept direction. Out of respect for privacy, I won't publish the images right now. Suffice to say, I'm excited and eager to present them.

I started an artists "salon". We had our first meeting last Monday and all ten of the invited participants showed up enthusiastically. Our objective is to explore marketing and business aspects of being an artist. The members are all professionals dedicated to achieving success with their artwork and the energy of the group is vibrant with ideas and contributions. Monday served as an introduction and the next meeting will bring us together prepared for the serious stuff.

My brother from Rhode Island came by to visit Thursday evening. He's attending an optical seminar in St. Pete this weekend. He looked fit and healthy and we caught up over a delicious meal that Michael prepared for us. We discussed "gag orders". Huh? That's right. His was resultant from a law suit that's recently been resolved and mine is in place through Michael who wants the dust to settle on a serious issue he's involved with. It has to do with horse racing. Once he gives me the green light I have a lot to say about this troubled industry.

No comments: