Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Studio Expands

My new work space is larger. I now have room to exhibit and help promote a few special artists whose work I admire. I'm very excited about this new direction as I now get to play the role of gallery director.

Let me introduce "my" new artists!

Robert Stebleton

Fresh Snow, acrylic on panel, 11"x14"

I have tremendous admiration for artists who are adept with acrylic paints. Bob's masterful control of the medium creates an exclusive style of fluid brushwork that builds on multiple layers of transparent glazes. With a wide range of subjects, he skillfully documents his observations. This is the artist that mentored me this past year as I diffidently stepped out of my equine-only paint box. So there you are. Check out Bob's website here.

Sue Clark

I Can Read! print photograph, 12"x18"
Sue is a multiple award-winning photographer (really). In this series, she examines the macabre world of dolls and mannequins...those plastic objects that are meant to mimic humans, mostly female. These strange effigies become subject for her exploration that creates an edgy and provocative exhibit: "Valley of the Dolls." To visit her website, click here.

Jools René

Forest Fire, oil on canvas, 11"x14"
Jools lives in the Ozark mountains of Arkansas. We met several years ago when I was exhibiting in Hot Springs. Over the years, we've stayed in touch as Jools' paintings have evolved into abstractions of harmonious, sumptuous color and painterly form. His compositions appeal to my sense of movement and intensity. Oh yes they do.


Welcome to my gallery dahhhlink,
Sharon

No comments: