Sunday, July 12, 2009

Daytime Reception

Three receptions in eighteen hours! Yesterday my artist friend Jackie Schindehette and I headed up to Melrose Bay Gallery to attend the opening exhibit of Florida landscape artist Linda Blondheim. I'm always amazed at how a landscape painter can muddle through and edit all that green flora into a beautiful, cohesive and convincing piece. Linda makes it look easy.

linda blondheim at melrose bay galleryLinda in front of her exquisite paintings of Florida landscapes.

jackie schindehette and linda blondheimFellow landscape artist Jackie Schindehette and Linda Blondheim in front of Linda's paintings.

Linda also writes a facinating blog, Landscapes of the South, that you might want to wander over to visit. Besides her impressive paintings, her blog offers history and info of Linda's favorite places to paint plein air. Oh, and the recipes! Linda was a chef in a former life - attending one of her soirees is a culinary treat.

Custom-made birch panels are Linda's latest substrate of choice. Clean and contemporary, uncluttered by frames, the panels beautifully compliment her clear color and beckoning compositions of light.

"Plein air painting is still an interpretation of reality, even though I am seeing the scene first hand. My "truth" is far more interesting to me than the scene in reality." - Linda Blondheim

8 comments:

Takeahold said...

When do you find time to relax when you are going all the time? It must drive your hubby crazy. However it is good be so ambitious.

Linda Blondheim said...

Sharon, So kind of you to put me on the blog. I sure enjoyed my time with you and Jack.
Have a great second half of summer and as always, nobody beats you with our horse friends!!
Love,
Linda

Marian Fortunati said...

What a great series of posts... Looks like you had a great time and your friends should be honored!!

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

These really are great posts. Bonus - You've mastered facebook links!

Anonymous said...

It's so great to see the collective faces and works of people I read regularly.
The support and camaraderie is very special to behold.

Sharon Crute said...

Thank you everyone. I love the arts and I love my fellow artists!

Linda is such an intelligent, fun and dedicated painter to keep company with. She IS the voice of her blog and her creations.

Unknown said...

Will you be in Saratoga all of August ?? Trying to coordinate my trip there & really don't want to miss you.
Also you do not have work in the Equidae (Terry Lindsey)show this year ?? ..
Hope alls going great..

Sharon Crute said...

Andrea: At this time, I don't think I'll be making a personal trip to Saratoga this summer. Negotiations with NYRA are impossible with the turnover in upper level management. So, once again I'll begin campaigning after the meet for next year. The Universe may be doing me a big favor as it costs a fortune to set up all I wanted to do and with the economy as it is next year may be better.
I'm sending some paintings up to Equidae Gallery this week but probably just a few.
As disappointing as this was to me, I'm undaunted and moving on to the next project!!