Monday, May 14, 2007

Artists I Admire

I just deleted the post about my day off at Ponce deLeon Lighthouse last week. I don't understand why some posts have trouble with images and others display them all. The images weren't showing even though they did for days, it looked lame, so...out it went. I went into help and no one seems to know why. Anywhoo...it might be time to consider a service I actually pay for and then I can bitch about these glitches.

Richard Hancock and Booth Malone in front of one of Booth's paintings.

Today Michael and I met artist Booth Malone who exhibited in the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owner's Association's "Masters of Racing" show this past winter. Booth is an awesome painter applying luscious brush work and gorgeous color in his paintings. We met him at the FTBOA where we were accompanied by Dick Hancock, Executive Director. After chatting a bit we drove over to my hopelessly messy studio and then out for some lunch. I did get to show Booth around Ocala briefly, driving down "Millionaire's Row" to see some incredible horse farms. Booth is wonderfully talented, and hard to believe, mostly self-taught. He makes trips to Florida a couple of times of year and promised to stop by for a visit whenever. We'll look forward to it.

eventers grazing"Eventers Grazing" giclee by Booth Malone

No comments: