Monday, March 12, 2007

Show at the Steeplechase

horses racing at steeplechaseAnother fun and fantastic day at the Little Everglades Steeplechase! This year we exhibited as a vendor and am I ever glad! In prior years we exhibited in "Art on the Hill" which was only accessible to the high-end subscribers and sponsors. In Vendor Village, we had volumes more people including all the tailgaters. I did three times the amount of business. Yeah!

<span class=This is the first time we've used this old Craft Hut exhibit tent. We bought it a couple of years ago and my artist friend Moe Hahn has been using it. Thankfully, she set up next to us and helped with the initial assemblage.

We haven't participated in a show like this in ages, so I was a bit rusty with my display and design. I needed to get this first one done, now I know what to do for the next one. I had two tables packed with merchandise and I think it was a bit crowded. I'm concerned that viewers are able to stand back and look at the artwork and in a 10'x10' space that's a challenge. I kept the two tables to one side and they poked out in front a bit which was okay, but it presents another issue of blasting sunlight washing out the colors on the merchandise. The tent comes with a canopy which none of us can figure and I know Craft Hut has been bought out, so it's to the internet for research. Unless anyone knows how to use it?

The table held my mousepads, mugs, clocks, placemats, matted 8"x10" prints, t-shirts and in the corner was our knucklebuster, brochures, bags and paper for packaging, etc. You can see how the table extends beyond the tent. The day was so profitable that it cemented our plans to follow more of the steeplechase circuit up the east coast. Guess we'll figure things out as we go along. Oh, and we always listen to our Bruce Baker cd's on the way!

mounted deputiesMoe and I broke away for a few minutes while the races were running. I love this photo of the mounted deputies taking a break in the shade. It was an exhausting week getting ready and standing on my feet for ten hours yesterday has me whipped today. Lots more to tell later...

No comments: