Thursday, March 22, 2007

Shameless Self-Promotion Workshop

Heavens. The time goes by. I'm so grateful for my busyness yet I'm concerned about all that does not get accomplished. Take this blog for instance. Now, to get caught up!

I'm looking forward to attending Alyson B. Stanfield's marketing workshop this coming Sunday, March 25th in Bradenton, Florida. Here's the pertinent information for attending which I was supposed to post last weekend. My apologies to Alyson who I consider an "art marketeer extraordinaire"!

Alyson B. Stanfield is flying in from Colorado next week to share self-promotion secrets with artists in Central Florida.

Artists should make plans to attend the Shameless Self-Promotion for Artists workshop on March 25 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the Art Center Manatee in Bradenton. If you roll out of bed early that Sunday, you’ll learn:

  • Nine things every artist needs for promoting their work.
  • Why the process of writing your artist statement is critical to your marketing (and how to make it pain-free).
  • How to build a network of people who are essential to your success.
  • Creative ideas for marketing your art.
  • What promotional materials you’ll need and the rules to follow when creating them.

The workshop is $75 and includes lunch. Get registration details on the Art Center Manatee website or by calling 941-746-2862.