Friday, June 03, 2016

It's Good to be Back!

So good to be back at Oklahoma!

I'm doing my best to get over there in the mornings. Kentucky trip, commissions, getting ready for a show next weekend on Beekman Street, yada, yada, yada. No excuse is good enough. The numbers of horses aren't what I thought should be there but who's counting?

The pre-race meet mood is relaxed. Lots of amiable conversation overheard in the fresh northern air as the ghosts of history welcome back the horses and their people. I've lived a former life here and feel as if I've come home. That's more than I can say about any place else...and this gypsy has traveled all over our beautiful country.

I did a quick plein air sketch, searched out a place where I can set up for multiple days without bothering anyone and, of course, took lots of photos. Please enjoy a few...






Some horses prefer to train themselves,
Sharon

2 comments:

Karen Thumm said...

I see a couple of great paintings in these photos, Sharon. Thanks for sharing them for us to see what you see on a daily basis now.

Sharon Crute said...

My pleasure Karen. These are not even the best as I have a couple of artist stalkers who steal my ideas and everything I do. I have to be so careful what I post and what I say. This sounds harsh but I believe some "artists" don't have an original thought in their heads. Oh well, I can still willingly share with friends!