Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hi Ho! It's High Hope!

This coming Sunday, May 22nd, I'll participate as a vendor at the High Hope Steeplechase in the Kentucky Horse Park. After a year hiatus due to the 2010 World Equestrian Games, the steeplechase returns with legions of fans and great enthusiasm.

 This is the most scenic steeplechase I've attended. The Kentucky Horse Park is beyond amazing. Simply horse heaven.

 The parade of the Woodford Hounds is a traditional spectacle.
Just don't call them...dogs.

Have you ever tried tailgating at a steeplechase? It's great way to make friends and the aficionados go all out by creating their own themes complete with costume and decor. Think "Out of Africa" or "The Great Gatsby".

 

I created this painting when I last attended High Hope. Aptly titled "High Hope", it's an oil on canvas, 24" x 30" and I'll be bringing it  with me.

So, if you're in Kentucky (instead of Baltimore) make it an afternoon with the family for lots of fun, activities and people watching (you never know who you'll see). And of course, do stop by my booth to say hi and see my latest artwork.

Each handicap is like a hurdle in a steeplechase, and when you ride up to it, if you throw your heart over, the horse will go along, too. - Lawrence Bixby

No comments: