Tuesday, July 20, 2010

On My Way to Saratoga

So here's my first racing painting after my self-imposed hiatus. Unfinished and waiting for something. Or someone.

unfinished oil paintingunfinished oil on canvas, 36"x48"

I'm inclined to believe that information is directed to a person constantly and from all manner of sources. As I went into the zone with this one, a voice was incessantly nagging "don't finish it." My intention was indeed to finish in time to take to Saratoga. Fresh off the easel. Michael spurred me on as well.

As time drew close, every manner of interruption manifested to thwart my efforts. Weird. Especially because I'm an over achiever. This painting most certainly should be completed.

I'll hang it on my tent wall and paint "your horse here" or "your silks here".

"There's something happening here. What it is ain't exactly clear." - Buffalo Springfield

3 comments:

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

What a fabulous idea..hope it works out!

Michael said...

Wonderful Painting.....!

Bonnie Luria said...

You pack so much dynamism into your canvas, I can feel the thunder.