Sunday, June 26, 2016

Sharon Crute's Artful Gifts

I really had nothing to do with this. The exception would be tweaking some html code. My sweetie, Michael, spent an inordinate amount of time building this store that features lots of my gift items. It's an entirely new website via Shopify that even required a new domain.

I asked him to keep it simple at first (KISS). I have an entire career of painted images to apply to unlimited products. Plus, he'll customize anyone's image. He invested in a sublimation system that enables him to put an image on just about any darn thing you can imagine which I found a bit overwhelming. Limiting it to a few very cool substrates made it much more manageable.

The most impressive (to me, anyway) are the prints on aluminum. My first reaction was "why?" After seeing the finished product, I have to say they are more than I expected - beautifully vibrant, glossy and contemporary. In fact, it's the latest new art thing.
The above image is a triptych Michael created out of my painting "Harrowing". The hanging system in the back creates a one inch profile away from the wall, creating a slight shadow effect. It's gorgeous and I envision these hanging on someone's office wall.

At the recent Beekman St. Art Fair we participated in, the aluminum prints outsold everything else.

I have a link in the right column to access the store. Or click here. Right now, before the Saratoga race meet begins, he's having a 20% off sale on EVERYTHING until July 15th. And, shipping will always be free. Just enter JULY into the discount code at checkout. He'll gradually be adding products so do check back.

The image on my opening page is of a tile mural he created of my painting "Sneaking Off". It's installed in a very high-end kitchen behind a Viking stove.

In an entrepreneurial spirit,
Sharon

No comments: