Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Day 18 - Forty Paintings in Forty Days

Actually painted this yesterday. Today is dark and I work harder on the off day - and no, I didn't do any housework. Giclees to coat, jockey silks to paint, packing and shipping, book work, etc. I'm trying to make a decent dinner and use up all the veggies I bought at the farmer's market last week before they spoil. Meals and eating healthy is a challenge with this grueling schedule. We usually don't get to eat until close to 10:00pm...then I pass out on the couch with a full stomach. Not so good.

Received two big boxes of frames for the plein air pieces which cost me a small fortune but they're exceptionally nice.


The location is near the subject for my painting Oklahoma Horse Path pictured at the top of this blog. It was so refreshing to paint this scene from life compared to studio painting. It's late in the morning, around 9:30 (although I started earlier) and only a few horses are finishing up training. Loved this figure who waited for the rider and they chatted long enough for me to quickly stroke in some simple forms.

Off to dinner,
Sharon

No comments: