Friday, August 07, 2015

Day 11 - Forty Paintings in Forty Days

Some things are more important than an overly ambitious commitment to a painting project and I'm fine with that. Friends and family who take the time to check in with me are a blessing. This afternoon I had the opportunity to show off the Oklahoma barn area to my dear friend Sue with an impromptu tour. We promised to meet early some morning for a creative photo session before the meet ends. Tonight we'll have dinner with my sweet niece and her cool hubby visiting from Connecticut. My bro's daughter - so special.

This afternoon I managed a quick sketch of drying saddle towels at Rudy Rodriguez's barn. I had the pleasure of showing him my painting and we had a great chat. He's a bundle of energy and a hopeless workaholic like myself. Obviously, Donald Trump has never visited a race track barn area in his life to witness first hand the dedication of the Latin workers who frankly, work their butts off 24/7. They've all been wonderful to me and I'll write a bit more on this subject later.

Rudy's Saddletowels, 7"x5", oil on panel (sold)
Tomorrow we'll both be in the booth as it's a big day with five stakes including the Whitney. With an impressive all-star field, this could be one the best races of the year. My favorite bad boy horse, Wicked Strong, is in along with Moreno, V.E. Day, Honor Code and more.

Taking it all in stride,
Sharon

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

I'm loving your "Forty Days" paintings and the stories. Interesting to see what is up next!

Sharon Crute said...

Thank you Jo...so glad you're enjoying the project!