Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Day 5 - Forty Paintings in Forty Days

My first "tonal" painting. It was an unusual sunrise with orange clouds and fog drifting both on the ground and at low levels in the sky. Very hot and humid today and we finally broke 90*, I believe it got up to 94*.

This is a small one. I absolutely could not find a parking place where I intended to paint. I thought about it all day and I have a plan to foil that dilemma tomorrow morning. But I was glad for the diversion:
Ground Fog, 5"x7", oil on panel (sold)
 I love the way the barn roofs picked up the reflection of all that crazy light.

Hot and steamy (but it doesn't last long),
Sharon

2 comments:

Most Days I'm Super said...

Love the first 5..... Hope you are "enjoying" the project!

Sharon Crute said...

Thank you so much Most Days! It's a bit of a grind but I'm challenging myself to stick with it. The bonus is that I'm learning so much.