Thursday, May 15, 2014

After a year hiatus, the High Hope Steeplechase returns to the legendary Kentucky Horse Park. This is the first of a few planned shows that have us shaking off the dust on the grid walls as we make the anticipated road trip to Blue Grass Country. Oh man, am I ever ready!
Clearing, giclee on gallery-wrapped canvas, 22"x26
The event is this coming Sunday, May 18th. Gates open at 11:00. There are lots of activities to partake in and tailgating is always the best way to make new friends. And of course, there's the jump races. This time of year the mid-west weather can be unpredictable and volatile but the sun god (and cooler weather) is smiling on us so far.

Did I mention that my artwork will grace the program cover? If you're not in Baltimore watching Chrome win the Preakness and happen to be in Kentucky on Sunday, please stop by my booth in the Vendor Village and say hi. I'll be bringing Secretariat with me and you really have to see him in person to savor the vibrant color. We'll be taking orders for giclee reproductions that are now available.
Secretariat, oil on canvas, 24"x36"
If there's anything in particular that you'd like me to bring, please let me know soon. There's room in the van.

Road trip!
Sharon

No comments: