Sunday, September 09, 2012

Trouble in Paradise

I meditate every morning. If I can shut off the incessant chatter in my brain and get truly quiet...that's when inspiration manifests.

After an exhausting and challenging summer as an artist vendor for the entire Saratoga meet, I'm heading to the Maine coast for a few days. My lodging of choice is to camp. I want to hear it, smell it, taste it and feel it...my way of returning to my source.

Working hard is my nature, and the series of events we encountered made me grateful for dogged perseverance. It wasn't just me. Last May the State of New York took the helm from NYRA leaving a beautiful ship tossing aimlessly with no clear course of direction. By the end of the meet I could hear the weariness in the voices of most everyone. My wish is for this Grand Dame to return to her former glory, rejuvenate her beauty, integrity and pride because Saratoga is special and elite and so many of us, past and present, love her dearly.

When the Inaugural 2012 Steeplechase Festival at Saratoga was cancelled I could only imagine that the organizers were swept up into the chaotic maelstrom that was the Summer of 2012.

But I survived, I got through it, and this week I'll be meditating to the sound of crashing waves.

Ommmmm...
Sharon

No comments: