Tuesday, March 27, 2012

EPCOT 2012

After delivering the first three greyhounds last week to my client in West Virginia, we headed down to Florida. Green and warm, we enjoyed perfect weather. One week was not nearly long enough, especially when trying to connect with so many great friends that I dearly miss. I also pined for the river and will plan mightily for two weeks next year. Unfortunately, there are no alligators in upstate New York.

The week concluded with plein air painting at EPCOT. I'm so honored to be invited and this was my third year. Assigned to Italy, I readily pulled out my oils and got to work.


Friday's effort produced a strong painting that sold. Many thanks to a couple of wonderful new collectors, Barbara and Bruce!


Saturday was an equally great day and the piece also sold! Hugs for Cheryl Anne who was visiting from the west coast.


Although sales are a an amazing bonus to painting in the park, we're really there to engage with the guests, especially children. Most people never have the opportunity to observe the process of art-making or converse with artists at work. I find this friendly banter great fun and the day flies by with laughter.


Sunday's painting is still available for only $150. plus shipping. It's an 11"x14" oil on canvas and you'll be getting a piece of Italy!



Ciao!
Sharon

No comments: