Thursday, February 16, 2012

Waguar

I'm running very, very behind in this documentary. Spending an inordinate amount of time researching on the laptop, I've gleaned lots of interesting facts about a wide variety of subjects. This is the part of creating specific artwork that people don't normally see - the time-consuming preparation. And this is even before the sketching begins. Also, my wireless internet connection is not working in the evening when I usually do all of my computer work. Sigh. Still working on it.

"Waguar" is my first greyhound to paint. Designed for a Jacksonville Jaguars fan, I've researched the team, the colors, the star players and the logos both present and historical.

However, before the drawing begins...grime, dust and fingerprints are scrubbed away.


A coat of gesso is then applied.


Finally, the drawing begins. I'll make several changes as the design evolves and takes on a life of it's own. Notice the reference material on the tabletop that will continue to grow into an unmanageable mess!


 Fast-forward to blocking in the main design.


 
NOTE: My apologies for having to implement comment moderation thanks to these stupid spammers who somehow figure a way past Blogger's own spam detection. Spamming is such an ineffective way to sell goods or services that no one wants to begin with.

Grrrrr,
Sharon

2 comments:

gail said...

love it already Sharon! thanks for sharing the work in progress photos

Sharon Crute said...

Gail: I'm very behind on my blog progression...already onto the second greyhound. Shhh, don't tell anyone!