Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Sound of Change

SWOOSH!

That's the sound of change infiltrating the unwary, the unprepared. Like it or not, change is a natural law and comforting in a lip-biting sort of way. One sure thing to know in life is that nothing remains static and change in all forms is inevitable.

I welcome change. I enjoy being immersed in a constant state of flux. Is it a characteristic of the artistic temperament or just my own restless personality?

I've moved out of Ocala, Florida. As much as I adored hanging my hat there, my suitcase now sits on a shelf in Saratoga Springs, New York.  Although my Florida-bred cats may take issue, I'm thrilled for this drastic change. As a native New Englander, I'm embracing the change of seasons in myriad ways.

There is a long list of reasons for this decision. But that was then and this is now. Let's get on with the work, the play, the events, the new friends, my goals and the looming opportunities. I'll share with you what I learn along the way.

I know you're wondering...yes, I've purchased a warm down coat and the accompanying warm accessories.

Love, Sharon



1 comment:

Kimberly Kelly Santini said...

congrats on the move, Sharon! You've got a great *new* old hometown now! hope to see you at the track next summer! happy painting, Kim