Friday, May 13, 2011

Time to Say Goodbye

I'm a race tracker at heart. It can't be helped, the entire milieu and the microcosm of the lifestyle gets into your blood like a drug and you're addicted forever. Oh yes it does.

A race tracker who is not at the track is a restless soul to behold. I know this because not only do I contend with my own yearning but I'm married to a fellow devotee. It's hard work on the track at any level, however, an element of freedom exists within the confines of extreme responsibility.

I don't want to romanticize. Heaven knows it's a demanding and grueling job that creates workaholics of us all. That's okay because we love it. The freedom that we relish allows us to leave when the work is done. Set hours would be excruciating even as our workday often continues way past the eighth hour. Who's counting?

So, I hope after all that banter that you can understand my reason for leaving my downtown gallery. It's such a bittersweet decision. May 31st will be my last day at VoilART! Gallery + Studio in downtown Ocala. Travel is in my immediate future and lots of it. Because, you see, as a race tracker I give myself the divine freedom to hit the road when necessary and...now is the time.

My gallery partner Jackie Schindehette will carry on with the gallery and beautiful art will stay right where it is.

Golden Light of Dawn, by Jackie Schindehette, oil on canvas, 20"x24"

My travel plans begin next weekend in Lexington, Kentucky at the High Hope Steeplechase. Returning to the KY Horse Park after a year hiatus due to the World Equestrian Games in 2010, the event is highly anticipated. If you're lucky enough to be in Kentucky or even luckier to live in Kentucky, please visit me at my booth on Sunday, May 22nd.

For you, my dear readers, if you're in Ocala please visit the gallery and take a 25% discount off ANYTHING in the gallery. Consider it a going away gift to you from me.
  
"Great is the art of beginning, but greater is the art of ending."  ~ Lazurus Long
 

2 comments:

Jan Blawat said...

Sharon, please continue your blog, I for one would love to hear about your adventures at the track.

Sharon Crute said...

Thank you Jan, and I will do my best to make updates to this blog even though I sometimes wonder if anyone is reading it!