Thursday, May 26, 2011

Last Weekend

This is my last weekend at VoilART! Gallery + Studio. It sounds so final and I'll share some of my feelings with you. At first I felt remorseful. After all, gallery partner Jackie Schindehette and I worked long and hard to promote, market and create a welcoming space. VoilART! is a lovely art gallery.

However, after a recent successful weekend in Lexington, Kentucky I realize that my gypsy heart shines brightest when taking my show on the road. And on that note, I'm looking forward to the opportunities of engaging in more shows, festivals and invitations to display my work throughout the country.

The best news is that Jackie will continue the mission of presenting beautiful artwork at the gallery in downtown Ocala. The name will change as she transitions into her own new business venture, however, the gallery will remain in the same location. I wish her flaming success and encourage you to visit and support her.

I'll be at VoilART! on Friday & Saturday afternoon. Yes, we're both offering a 25% discount on any sales in the gallery until May 31st. But please don't feel pressured...just come on down and sit for a chat. I'd like that. Oh, and we'll probably both be in the gallery on Sunday night...cool goings on downtown that I won't divulge, you'll just have to check it out for yourself. I promise, it's big.


“We're drinking my friend, To the end of a brief episode, Make it one for my baby, And one more for the road” -  Johnny Mercer

No comments: