Monday, June 21, 2010

Hello Muses

I can't express how incredible it feels to be back painting thoroughbreds. My face hurts. I haven't smiled this much in eons. I might actually be pleasant to be around.

I'm also back working full bore in the studio.

While my sabbatical from horse racing spawned some interesting paintings - all the jumpers, foxhunters, appaloosas, pintos, yearlings and splashing water horses all resembled thoroughbreds. Replete with long legs, graceful slender necks and the fine features of an inquisitive face.

I could pull the tortured "you have no idea what an artist goes through" spiel, but I think you do. There's inherent danger in turning away from a passion that's firmly rooted in DNA.

In fact, I was quite miserable but I'm much better now.

"So cheat your landlord if you can and must, but do not try to shortchange the Muse. It cannot be done. You can't fake quality any more than you can fake a good meal." - William S. Burroughs

1 comment:

Marian Fortunati said...

You never ever ever lack the quality Sharon...

AND I love the quote about cheating the landlord and not the muse!!!

But I'm so glad you found your joy again!!