Monday, March 29, 2010

Painting at EPCOT

International Flower and Garden Festival

Fitting that I would be assigned the United Kingdom with my English/Irish ancestry. Smashing!

EpcotI loved every minute. The architecture inspired me. Interacting with the guests as I painted was pure pleasure. Most of us artists never miss an opportunity to yak up our inspiration and technique to anyone who'll listen. Children provided special delight with their inquisitive questions and comments. Kids today? Smart far beyond years. I was so impressed with their intense study of my works in progress and resultant thoughtful remarks.

My foray into plein air painting caught the eye of one Mom who requested that daughter be a quick study included into this street scene. A special gift for Dad. I answered yes of course, and painting was sold.

plein airSame for painting below except it was Mom's friend and accompanying daughter.

United KingdomThe results were new friends visiting from New Jersey. Thank you for making my day so extraordinary!

International Flower and Garden FestivalI'm honored to have been invited to this prestigious event. The generosity of everyone involved was amazing. The EPCOT staff was absolutely incredible and wonderful to work with. I think I behaved myself and hope to be invited back next year...

"Of all of our inventions for mass communication, pictures still speak the most universally understood language." - Walt Disney

4 comments:

Maggie Weakley said...

The paintings are great! You are very brave to paint in public plus you got them done which is amazing with all the people I'm sure wanted to take a peak & chat. Fabulous job! Maggie

Anonymous said...

Amazingly great paintings- for outside, standing up, fielding questions, being watched, and out of your studio.
Amazingly great for anywhere, really.

Anonymous said...

Amazingly great paintings- for outside, standing up, fielding questions, being watched, and out of your studio.
Amazingly great for anywhere, really.

Nancy Moskovitz, artist said...

Mega congrats. Sounds like you may be more of a plein air painter than you thought.