Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January Musings

Hey, all I'm gonna say is: it'll take a lot of babies at $5000. a pop to cover $16,000,000.


The Green MonkeyThat would be "The Green Monkey" of course. Looks good, doesn't he? My good friend, professional photographer extraordinaire Joe DiOrio shot this portrait just last weekend as well as a bunch of primo photos for a local Ocala farm. Check them out here. Love all the grays - reminds me of something cavalry.

Back to The Green Monkey: we won't be seeing those astronomical figures again anytime soon. I wandered over to the OBS Winter Mixed Sale this morning and picked up a hard copy of the Jan. 16th Bloodhorse. Very positive and affirmative article about "What's Working in Racing" especially after two years of doom and gloom. Refreshing insight. And all I listened to at OBS from my friends and acquaintances was doom and...right. I propose a shift in attitude. I've said all along that the biz will recover with a vengeance and emerge like a phoenix. The market corrections are at hand.

Here's a latest painting. How do you inject "dynamism" into the gentile world of hunter/jumper?

hunter/jumper painting"Smooth Sailing" oil on canvas, 30" x 18"

And it's actually quite dynamic. Must feel like you've been vaulted onto the third floor balcony when sailing over those seven foot jumps.

Dick Cheney and I do not want this nation to be in a recession. We want anybody who can find work to be able to find work. - George W. Bush

*NOTE: for those of you who comment on this blog, I've had to re-instate word verification for awhile. The spam robots are attacking me daily.

No comments: