Monday, October 26, 2009

FAFO

My first fine art festival.

Oh yes, I've participated in numerous outdoor events of an equine nature. Those would be horse shows, steeplechase and race tracks when they'll have me.

This is the painting I began and shortly put away during last winter's season of horse and art recession. Missing my muse terribly, the festival was a good excuse to to revisit and make amends.

horse racing"Vying for Position" oil on canvas, 48"x68"

My studio and gallery partner, Jackie Schindehette and I each won an award. For mine, I have to thank, you guessed it, my muse(s).

art festivalJackie & moi in my booth at the Ocala Fine Arts Festival.

"A couple of guys won Academy Awards for the things that I turned down. Today, after coming to terms with everything, after being in therapy for a long time-there are areas where I will compromise. " - Mickey Rourke

6 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Congratulations! I love your horses and blog. Thank you so much for posting!

Carlynne Hershberger, CPSA said...

What a great shot of the two of you! And, what great timing with your gallery opening, you guys are on a roll! Congrats.

Lorna L. Effler said...

Great pic of you two! I'm sooo glad you both won...you both deserve it!
I would enlarge the photo, frame it & put it up in your studio. Like 16x 20, at least 11 x 14--you've got to it will look great in there! Oh, & both of you sign it...
Lorna :)

Sharon Crute said...

Jo, great to meet you and thanks so much for visiting!

Carlynne: So good to see you and thanks for visiting my booth. Hope we can get together soon.

Lorna: you're right, a decent photo of me is rare...it's tough to see myself these days!

Unknown said...

Big Thanks for quoting Micky Rourke!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.