Monday, August 31, 2009

It Has Arrived At Last

Food smells, ringing phones, neighbors meandering about, cats using litter boxes. If there's one thing I've learned throughout my incredulous painting career, it's that collectors are not quite comfortable visiting a home studio. Which brings me to clarify Reason No. 1 for embarking on the creation of Voilart! Studio/Gallery. The downtown retail space lends me some street cred. No more cramped garage - just a sleek gallery of well appointed paintings and an oversize easel standing like an authoritarian fraulein whipping me into submission.
art galleryJackie helped me paint the 16 foot sign. Not too shabby for non-sign painters.

sharon crute"One Mile and a Sixteenth (and change)" oil on eighteen 12" canvas panels.

When an artist creates a piece that strays from the predictable suspects, proper hanging and presentation is always a challenge. How satisfying to finally arrange the elements as they were originally intended. Although I always encourage creativity with my associates, this is a great homecoming of the artist's brainchild.

"There is a wonderful feeling when you walk into your own exhibition. You see the work as a true extension of yourself. Win or lose, your interests have led you to an accumulation of your personal expression, signed lower right, mounted to best advantage". - Robert Genn

5 comments:

Jan Blawat said...

Sharon

Some art looks better in a gallery. Your art makes a gallery look better.

Congratulations on your new venture, and lots of wishes for great success.

peaceofjessi said...

oooh! I love the 12 pieces together!
Congratulations on everything thus far, you are a role model.

Sharon Crute said...

Jessi: actually it's 18 pieces. Thank you so much for your support, it means a lot to me.

Jan: Hey California gal, hope you're safe from the fires (I'm concerned with my CA friends). Thanks for visiting and your well wishes. Mucho appreciate.

Jo Castillo said...

Oh, congratulations! Wishing you the best. Hope you have much success!!! Your paintings are great, wish I could see them in person.

Sharon Crute said...

Thank you Jo. At least you visited my blog!