Tuesday, February 03, 2009

The Blushing Hostess

blushing hostess roses
My mother would say to me when I was a young, "Surround yourself with beauty and beautiful things." Although I've strayed from that sage advice, I remember her point well: immediate environmental milieu would soothe me through the tough times. Of course she was right.

Which brings me to why I adore The Blushing Hostess Entertains blog. The Hostess writes in a smart style that's witty yet elegant. I can almost hear her purring voice imploring us to acknowledge a modicum of grace in our daily hectic endeavors. Her blog is to be savored, akin to sitting down at the dining room table, sipping a glass of pinot noir while leafing through the latest Neiman Marcus catalog.

These days the lovely, simple niceties that would - rather should - enhance my crazy life take a far back seat to the serious business of art making that commands priority. Time, my dears, time.

Thank you Hostess, for featuring my artwork on you beautiful blog. What an exquisite gift.

"For his heart was in his work, and the heart giveth grace unto every art." - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments: