Friday, June 13, 2008

Blog Store, New Painting

Let the Saratoga paintings begin!

saratoga springs"Oklahoma Morning", oil on canvas 8"x10"

My blog store has turned out to be quite successful. Small pretty paintings, affordable prices. Three of the first four sold quickly. Many sincere thanks to my wonderful collectors. In case you're not familiar with racing in Saratoga Springs, New York - "Oklahoma" is the name of the training track across the street from the main track and grandstand. Some think it has more personality and uniqueness, moi included.

So, I e-mailed IEAH twice asking for permission to paint Big Brown. Trying to do things in a professional, correct manner at this stage of my career. Does that sound ironic? I've yet to hear from them, but you know, I'm not sure I want to paint him now. Certainly, nothing against the immensely talented horse, but one has to consider the viable marketability of a Big Brown painting after that whole mess.

He's all yours, Fred.


No comments: