Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Back in the Studio

It was an anxious moment. After being out of the studio for 3+ weeks, I felt some trepidation as the inevitable arrived. Hey, I like playing in my garden and putzing around with various projects. To ease myself back to the paintbox, I first touched up some pieces destined to my upcoming exhibit at the Elliott Museum. Oil paint is aromatic like roses to me. Hmmm. I am back where I belong and readily took to the easel.

horse racingThis is the painting I was frantic to finish before my hip went out. It's a generic gate subject but worthwhile to renew my feel for the dynamic.

thoroughbred artIt's not too big and should be finished this week. Oh but remember...I've truly vowed to take a day to replenish the creative juices. Geesh, and I just got back to work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharon, great work. I have always dreamed of being good at art but never have been. I draw a mean stick man though!

Joe
www.fourthewin.com