Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Lovely and Peaceful

Photography is not my forte. Perhaps because my approach is utilitarian. I photograph mainly for reference material and don't perceive it as the art medium it deserves. Thankfully there are those who do recognize the art form and create beautiful pictures. These artists use all the same elements of shape, light, color, contrast, composition, etc. that a painter does.

My dear friend Lynn, who is an extraordinary web designer, took these photos at Kanapaha Botanical Gardens in Gainesville. We walked off the huge holiday dinner while she went on a mission to capture the quiet splendor around us.

Enjoy...

cat sculptureCat sculpture.

Real garden cat.

siamese catGiant lily pads.

Aromatic and exotic. Manna for butterflies.

mushroomsFairy stuff.

honey beesBees! There's still some left...

kanapaha botanical gardensNo, I'm not inspired to paint any of this. For me to simply savor.

No comments: