Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Lexington, Kentucky

high hope steeplechaseLexington beckons again as I head off to Bluegrass Country. I'll be exhibiting at the "High Hope Steeplechase" on Sunday, May 20th. Please come by my booth to say hey if you're there.

It's a full schedule until I get there however. First I'll stop at Gallery Central in Hot Springs, Arkansas to pick up some of my work from my most excellent show last month. Then it's northbound to Paducah, Kentucky to check out the artists colony. This is especially interesting to Michael and I because of the Artist Relocation Program with incentives offered to artists to move on in, including below-market interest rates, tax incentives and health insurance packages offered by the Kentucky Arts Council to name a few.

Kentucky Derby Museum is next on the itinerary. FTBOA generously comped us some tickets and I know you won't believe this but - I've never been to Churchill Downs! (Michael has of course) Supposedly, I have a painting hanging in one of the offices within. After that, it's onward to Lexington where I'll visit with my cool gallery representative, Fayette Gallery. Hopefully the tent will be set up on Saturday afternoon and then it's to the nearest sports bar to watch the Preakness. Go get 'em Street Sense!