Saturday, January 06, 2007

The Radio Interview

Well, I got through the radio interview yesterday at WOAC News Talk Radio. Larry and Robin were most gracious hosts and made it comfortable and easy. What pros. And Dick Hancock, Executive Director of the Florida Thoroughbred Breeders' and Owners' Association is seasoned at speaking with large groups, so this was just another PR gig for him. I love hanging out with people like Dick - I can learn so much. He saved my butt on two occasions during the interview and he also gave me some solid advice. Michael printed up some sheets with the who, what, where info which was sooo helpful. I was of course concerned with sounding stupid or not having answers to questions therefore I spoke s-l-o-w-l-y, too slow. Michael taped the show and I listened to it afterwards constructively. More of my personality which is laid back with a fun sense of humor needs to come through. Looking back on the experience, it wasn't so bad and I'm looking forward to the next opportunity to speak about myself and my artwork. Yep, stepping out of that comfort box!

No comments: