Sunday, November 26, 2006

Stallion Showcase

A pic of my exhibit space at the Florida Thoroughbred Farm Managers "Stallion Showcase and Equine Trade Show". The weather was perfect and I got to catch up with lots of my horsey and artists friends that I haven't seen for awhile.

View from another angle showing my merchandise table which is quickly depleting. Michael is committing to helping me keep up with the inventory of small-end items. I can't believe I'm almost completely out of t-shirts, mousepads, etc.

When working a show like this, I don't get to see much as I'm busy in my space. I did get out a few minutes to get these photos of Denise Boudrot Hopkins preparing for her comedy racehorse skit. Michael and I knew Denise way back when she was the first leading female jockey riding in New England.

Here's Carole Fletcher with her Peruvian stallion Magnifico. He's just gorgeous and performs elegant "tricks". I think I prefer to call them "movements" as he brings music to mind with such grace. Magnifico has recently been immortalized into a Breyer's model horse!

Tomorrow I'm Kentucky-bound to deliver a painting to Cross Gate Gallery. I was invited by Catherine Ladd to participate in a traveling exhibition of foxhunting artwork. I'm very excited about this and looking forward to it.

No comments: