Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sneak Peek

I'm finally getting our little children's book wrapped up. (Aren't we all writing children's books?) It's been a couple of years in the making. This past year has been blessed with non-stop commissions and I'm finally caught up. Not that I'm complaining, just no time for my own creations. WELL! I've now got a block of time set aside to complete this project, in partnership with my dear friend, the most gifted and talented writer, Dale Jarusek. She knocked-knocked out (pardon the pun) 106 horsey related riddles aimed for the 8 to 10 year old crowd. She's so prolific and the ideas flow to her effortlessly. I got to do the silly illustrations in pen and ink. What a relief and break from all the formal painting. Now I have an excuse to think like an eight-year-old...Q. What do you call a cowboy who falls off his horse every time he goes over a hill?
A. Humpty Dumpty!

No comments: